Monday, June 27, 2011

Book #10: "The White Queen"

Book #10: "The White Queen"
By Philippa Gregory


I seriously LOVE all of Philippa Gregory's books.  She's an historical novelist, and can make history absolutely come alive!  I was kind of stuck in a rut...halfway through four different books and stalled on all of them, so I went to the library, grabbed Philippa off the shelf, and dug in for what I knew would be a page-turning, informative, quick read.  I was not disappointed!

Here's a clip from the inside cover...

"The White Queen tells the story of a woman of extraordinary beauty and ambition who, catching the eye of the newly crowned boy king, marries him in secret and ascends to royalty.  While Elizabeth rises to the demands of her exalted position and fights for the success of her family, her two songs become central figures in a mystery that has confounded historians for centuries: the missing princes in the Tower of London whose fate is still unknown."

Loved every second!

1 comment:

Rachel Farley said...

I might have to check her out!