Sunday, April 03, 2011

Birthday Bash!


I turned 27 on March 31st...and it was a great day. :)  I don't usually have real huge expectations for birthdays, but I definitely felt loved.  Chris woke me up with singing...and (in true Chris style!) a banana with a candle in it.  I actually had strep on my birthday, and the night before had said that nothing sounded good except a banana.  SO - although it sounds pretty ridiculous to hand your wife a banana with a candle in it on her birthday, he was actually being very sweet!

I had to go downstairs for the next part, and this is what I saw!




He had decorated the night before...awesome job Farley!



SO fun!  He really outdid himself this time. :)

And...a TOTAL surprise, he got me a kindle!  I can hardly put it down, I'm so excited! 


The rest of my actual birthday was really fun.  Although I was dealing with strep I went to school (and didn't breathe on anyone!), and got lots of birthday wishes from adorable kids. :)  I had a doctor appt. after school, choir practice after that, and then went to Valentino's with Chris to have a date and play around with the Kindle.  It was a great day!

THEN - Birthday celebration #2 with the Stellmaker Family.  First, I adore my family.  I felt so loved, and feel especially glad that everyone is home right now.  Matthew's living at home until June, Amy and Matt were there, Papa's at mom and dad's right now, and Cindy (a family friend and our Iowa-aunt) got to come.  It was GREAT!

I asked for money to go toward a bike, and in true Stellmaker-style they all got creative in how they gave it to me.  This was the most creative. :)

I asked for money to buy a bike, but my family doesn't do things boring - so mom took me on a scavenger hunt.  What was at the end?  A money tree!

Love this family so much. :)
The only unnecessary part of the evening was the April Fool's Day prank played on the birthday girl.  :)  I haven't eaten sugar since middle of February, and could finally eat some on April 1st.  I've decided to continue not eating white sugar except at celebrations...and this was a CELEBRATION!  So when the oreos came around I was pretty excited - until I bit into two oreo cookies filled with TOOTH PASTE!!!!  Thanks a lot brother! 

Thanks for such a great birthday everyone...I feel very loved. :)

4 comments:

Rachel Farley said...

Haha the oreos with toothpaste is hilarious!!

What a great post Nicole!

YOU are SO loved and cared about by all who know you.

I am so very happy that you are in my life!

Love you sister!

Amy LaVonne said...

GOOD ONE!!!

STEPHANIE. said...

Happy Birthday!!!..a few days late. I thought about you on the 31st. I remark you on my calendar each year. :) What a wonderful husband and family you have.

Unknown said...

Oh gaaaaaaH! The Oreos! Very nice job on the birthday-ness Chris! That's how it's done! It was so fun seeing you on your birthday.