Monday, April 25, 2011

4th Grade Concert: "Recorder Karate - Celebrate!"

The fourth grade concert ended up being...a recorder concert.  And it was NOT painful!  That was my #1 goal - no wincing ear-plugging moments by the audience.  And I think we accomplished it!  Then again, I did hear them when we started, so I might be a bit biased since I know the progress.  :)  Oh, a recorder mother's love!

My favorite part: we began and ended every music class by me saying "Good morning students", and them responding "Good morning sensei."  It was totally awesome, I felt really powerful for that moment.

1. "Fright of the Blunder B"
2. White Belt - "Hot Cross Buns"
3. "Tideo"
4. Yellow Belt - "Gently Sleep"
5. Orange Belt - "Merrily We Roll Along"
6. "Great Big House"
7. Green Belt - "It's Raining"
8. "BA Rockstar"
9. Purple Belt - "Old MacDonald"
10. Red Belt - "Twinkle, Twinkle"
11. "Obwisana"
12. Black Belt - "Ode to Joy"
13. "Big Round BAG"

And, some picture highlights. :)






 

3 comments:

The Paine Family said...

Good work!! You have been busy!! Love all your creative ideas to go with the songs. Brilliant!

Rachel Farley said...

You amaze me. I agree with Christine, you are so very creative!

I only wish I would have had you as a music teacher when I was young. I have no doubt you are changing lives Nicole Farley! So proud of you!

Unknown said...

So privileged to have been able to witness some of the practices for these kiddos! I cannot get the song Tideo out of my head.