Saturday, April 23, 2011

1st Grade Concert: "Brown Bear, Brown Bear"

I took a music friend's idea of basing a concert off of Bill Martin Jr.'s book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" and changed some stuff around to make it work for my first graders.  We played a music game (which we play a LOT of in first grade!) for each animal, and the last kid to get "picked" in every game came up and sang a solo to introduce the next animal/game.   It was pretty cute. :)

BROWN BEAR - "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear"

SILVER HORSE - "Here Comes Mrs. Macaroni"


LITTLE GREEN FROG - "Galump Went the Little Green Frog"


BINGO - "BINGO" :)


BUNNY RABBIT - "Here Comes a Bunny Rabbit"
*Notice the bunny rabbit in the soloist's hand...

MONKEY - "5 Little Monkeys"
*This one was HILARIOUS!  In this picture there are 2 monkeys left, "teasing" the crocodile on the floor.  I wish I could post the video (the whole concert is together so it's too long!), it was SO funny!

KITTY CAT - "Naughty Kitty Cat"


DOGGIE - "Doggie, Doggie"


BLACK FLY - "Old Black Fly"


BLUEBIRD - "Bluebird, Bluebird"


BUMBLEBEE - "Busy Buzzy Bee"


APPLE TREE - "Apple Tree, Apple Tree"


At the end a soloist sang "Students, Students what do you see?" and "Parents, Parents what do you see?", then "Teacher, Teacher, what do you see?" and I sang back the animals and they took their bows.  


Great job first graders!


1 comment:

Amy LaVonne said...

THIS LOOKS ADORABLE! I can't wait to see the videos. I really wanted to this weekend but totally forgot once life started. DON'T let me forget to watch them when I come home again! You are such a wonderful teacher. JUST WONDERFUL!