Thursday, April 28, 2011

A few updates :)

Just thought I'd update on a few things. :)


First, life is great right now.  Totally busy, but really great.  Chris has been at his new job at ISU for almost a month now, and is LOVING it.  He's been playing racquetball at the university this week, and is really completely different than he was at his last job.  The increased sleep and less travel time has made a world of difference - both for him and for me. :)  I like my happy husband much better!

We've been able to pay off a good chunk of student loan debt lately, which feels SO good!  And on that same subject, we decided to move back in with my mom and dad in July!  They'll be upstairs by then so we'll have the whole basement to ourselves.  We committed to being there for at least a year, and getting all student loans and cars paid off, as well as get a good chunk in savings.  No more financial debt for us baby!


I've started Scandinavian Days dances at school...and although it's a lot of work right now (having to learn so many new dances with lots of Norwegian words!), it's really nice to know exactly what I'll be doing in each class - pretty much 'til the end of the school year!  I've just got a pre-school in-class concert next Friday, then two choir concerts and I'm done!


We're getting BIKES tomorrow!  Yippee!  More to come, I'm SO excited about this!


I signed up for the Minneapolis Half Marathon on June 5th and the Des Moines Marathon on October 16th.  Anyone wanna join?!?!  I need some running buddies!  


I'm signed up for the Kodaly 1 Certification classes this summer.  AND, since we're also signed up for the Foster Care classes this summer, that means that four of my yearly goals are committed to, and a couple more are on their way.  It feels good to be on my way with some of these things!


Amy and Matt's wedding is SO SOON!  I can hardly believe it, and am so excited for them!  Matt has been officially accepted into Pharmacy school, they know where they're living this summer/beyond, and it just feels like they're growing up.  Oh my baby sister!  This whole transition feels really natural though, since Matt's already my brother.  I like it. :)

It's been SUCH a blast having Matthew home for a while.  He got a job with Chick-Fil-A down in Atlanta, and will be leaving June 1st...but for now he's ALL OURS!  We love having him home, and I never want him to leave. :(  But, I'll take what I can get!

And there's the update!  Off to bed, have a SUPER FRIDAY!

3 comments:

Bill Kinzie said...

Nicole...so glad to hear you're resuming life in the US of A with such gusto (both of you). Your Woodstock days will recede into a precious memory. Thank goodness for the Web and blogs!

Rachel Farley said...

This is fantastic.

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

http://www.cafb29b24.org/docs/buyativan/#for-sale ativan early pregnancy - lorazepam 1 mg with alcohol