Sunday, April 24, 2011

3rd Grade Concert: "Some Music For You...and Character Too!"

I found a book of Character Counts songs a while ago, and once the guidance counselor found out we thought it would be neat to have them sing at the spring Character Counts Assembly.  I didn't want to teach them two separate performances, so we used the Character Counts theme for our spring concert as well!


The neatest moment was when they performed "Hazrat Bibi Mariam", a song in Arabic about peace.  We came up with some really great choreography and it turned out to be extremely powerful and moving.  I love love LOVE when things become both educational AND powerful. 


Character Counts! - "Inside Out"

 Trustworthiness - "Little Tommy Tinker"

 Respect - "Great Big House"

 Fairness - "Tikki Tikki Tembo"
 

Caring - "Tideo"

 Citizenship - "Hazrat Bibi Mariam"





Responsibility - "You Can Count on Me"

5 comments:

Rachel Farley said...

You are so impressive Nicole! Your determination to teach this kids is amazing and inspiring. Keep up the amazing work!

Amy LaVonne said...

It looks like so much fun! I wish you had been my music teacher!!!

Luke said...

Hello! You do not know me, but I came across your post in my search for Character Counts programs. I am a 4th grade teacher in Winfield, IL and we are looking to do a C.C. performance for our fourth graders. Would you mind sharing any names of resources you had for songs and such!? Thanks so much!
Annie

Anonymous said...

Hazrat Bibi Maryam is about Allah's choice for the mother of his son. Maryam is Mary. This is an Islamic religious song likened to Christian songs worshipping people of their faith.

bussybee06 said...

Rachel,
Are these just pictures or is their video or sound also? I'm looking for a recording of "Hazrat Bibi Maryam" to put on my school's website to help my students practice at home.