Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Not worst-case scenario, but pretty close!

So, I had a rough morning. This morning I backed our car into our truck. Can I just say, at the time it seemed like the ABSOLUTE worst-case scenario! We're moving to India in exactly 4 weeks from tomorrow....we were planning to post pictures of both vehicles on craigslist tonight.... we've made up fliers we were going to post around town...and now, there's a big dent in both our vehicles!

But since this morning, I've come to realize (via the wonderful support of my husband), that this is NOT the worst-case scenario. I guess I hit ourself (is that good grammar?!) in a good spot! The truck will be covered with insurance, I didn't run over a dog, and no one's hurt. Both "injuries" are just cosmetic, I didn't burn anything down, and the world is still turning. SO, I guess it ISN'T the worst-case scenario! I'll tell you what though, for about 45 minutes this morning you couldn't have convinced me otherwise.

The thing that finally got me to stop my hysterical sobbing was Chris telling me his personal crash story. I have since then heard 7 crash stories, and have belly-laughed at many of them! So, I'm putting out a plea: SHARE my pain, and post your crash stories! After all, misery loves company. :) Here are some pictures of my current misery...

7 comments:

The Paine Family said...

Oh, Nicole!! When I was 17 I was fiddling with my flip- flop and ploud into a truck in front of me. Yikes! The world is a better place with me using public transportation. Will you have a car in India? I love you- hugs!!

STEPHANIE. said...

oh no!! haha, sorry I am not laughing at you, but with you now ...right?!I miss you dearly...
Thad and i drove through a fence making us an hour late to doug and mirinda's reception. :)oops!

Kelli B said...

Yikes!!!

What is the make/year of the white car? That is the one that our friend would be interested in.

Thanks NIcole!!!

When Marcus and I were driving home late one night from Iowa City, we were laughing and singing to music when all of a sudden, a HUGE DEER came out of NOWHERE. It was pitch black, and Marcus screamed and swerved, and the deer head hit our side mirror. Snapped it right off, but we were fine. SCARY! I hate car accidents!

Anonymous said...

Nicole...I just found your blog and spent time reading through all that's new with you!! I'm so excited to have found you on here! Congrats on India; what a blessing :) I can't wait to read all about your happenings and what education is like there. Lots of prayers your way!

Michelle (Merrill) Buhr

Anonymous said...

O My! Sorry about the cars Nicole! Glad to hear that it is a "good" crash and isnt something more serious.

I once re-hit and already dead deer and it caused 3,000 in damage.

my car is still in the shop :(

Much love sis!

Rachel Farley said...

I have....

*Ran into the side of a old man's (70 years or so) parked NEW truck. I was 15. He almost punched me in the face. My parents were awoken by a phone call from the police.

*Done two donuts in the middle of the highway, on the ice and gone backwards into a ditch. Right in front of a sign that says "Prepare to meet thy God" with Sarah Adreon.

*Been rear-ended on the way to class at Hawkeye.

*Ran into the side of the snow bank which created a huge dent in one of the doors.

I think that is it... but I am not sure... there may be more... but there are definitely more to come :D

LOVE YOU!!

Emily said...

Oh Nicole, I have done the same thing! I parked my car behind Matt's truck, ran into the house and then jumped in his truck and backed right into my car! Another time, I backed into our neighbor's light pole! That time I was pregnant, so he had to laugh as the bumper fell off of our Blazer! :) Glad he made you feel better!