Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm procrastinating...

It's true. I don't want to pack! Don't get me wrong, I'm SO excited about being in India...but I'm NOT excited about the mayhem that will inevitably precede our time in India. So, our house is still completely in tact, and I'm still putting everything off. :)

Here's a few updates...in my procrastination, I've been VERY busy with non-essential activities like coffee dates with students and scrapbook days with friends. Very, very busy!

1. Still haven't officially sold the house. We have a great offer and are hoping to have the offer officially "offered" by Monday. However, this guy will most likely have difficulties getting financing, so if you're a prayer, PRAY BABY PRAY! We did have another guy look today, so that was nice.

2. We got our work Visas back! So even if everything else falls through, we can go to and work in India.

3. I'm ALMOST totally current in my scrapbooking. If you're not a scrapbooker just continue to #4. If you are a scrapbooker, you'll hoot and holler because you know how exciting this is!

4. We've already made some India friends! Cookie and Dave are friends of Chris' aunt and uncle. They've already worked at Woodstock for four years (back in the 90's), and are going back this year. It's been so much fun talking to them and sharing this time...they're SO helpful. We just chose our seats next to each other on the plane too...ahh, new friends!

5. I'm starting to feel very panicky lately. Chris and I are definitely different...fortunately (or maybe unfortunately?!) in this life transition we're having a tendency to freak out about different things. He freaks out about the overseas part (being in India, the housing, transitions) and I freak out about the home part (selling the house and cars, all the packing and arrangements). So, one of us is always "freaking out". On one hand we can help calm each other down instead of egging each other on...on the other hand, we're never normal together. :)

The end

3 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

crazy! A year seems like such a long time!! Will you be posting from your log so I can stay up to date with Farley Life?...and yes of course you were on my sidebar.:)

The Bovens said...

Namaste Nicole and Chris! Thanks for checking out our blog... we're really excited for you to come to Woodstock!!! We've been praying for all of you new people lots and lots... we hope all of your preparations go well. Let us know if you have any questions or worries or ANYTHING... you can email either of us... bethboven@woodstock.ac.in or davidboven@woodstock.ac.in

Happy packing and preparing!
-Beth and Dave Boven

Kelli B said...

Okay, I wonder about the cars. Are you still selling them? I dont think i ever heard back from you, but I have people who might be interested. Friends here! Let me know - for real!

Kelli B