Thursday, June 04, 2009

Emotion of the Day: PUMPED!

I've been EXTREMELY hormonal lately...my poor husband has never experienced the true power of estrogen until these last few weeks. Each day I experience a new emotion to it's fullest: anxiety, excitement, depression, grief, hyperness (an emotion?), giddyness, the list goes on and on. Today I had the pleasure of experiencing a new emotion: I am thoroughly PUMPED!

Simply put, today was a great day. I started the day with some work on our scrapbooks (I'm ALMOST totally caught up!), and then met a student who graduated this year for coffee. We brought our traveling scrapbooks, and just talked and talked about where we've been and the people we've met, and how traveling totally changes your perspectives and challenges ideals. She gave me some REALLY fun tips for planning our week in Switzerland next summer, and I basically just got SO excited for this next year in our life! India...Hong Kong...Mainland China...(maybe!) Thailand...back to India...Ireland...Switzerland. I feel like I'm doing the things I always saw myself doing...it's really happening!!

Then I came home, had a great lunch with hubby, and had some VERY productive voice lessons. Made some great progress!

And then, it was off to the gym. Just a note: I'm trying to get in shape for India. Apparently walking around campus is the equivalent of being on a constant stair-master...in really high elevation. :) The last time I ran I couldn't even make it a mile, and I was so sore I could barely walk for three days. Today, I ran for 2 miles straight, stretched, and then rode the bike for 12 minutes! PROGRESS!

And then, it was off to "Up" with my good friend Christa and her kids Lexi and Clay. Great movie, especially when you watch it with a 7 and 4 year old. Everything is much funnier!

And THEN (can you tell the day is progressively becoming more and more SWEET?!), I called Chris on the way home and he told me that we have an offer on our house...for FULL asking price! The guy is faxing it to Chris' office tomorrow, and hopefully we can get things signed no later than Saturday. Can we get a PRAISE THE LOAD! (that's praise the Lord exclaimed excitedly in a southern accent).

In all, I feel so content. God has been teaching me that obedience is NOT about feelings. It's about choosing to talk yourself down from feeling anxious about a house, and letting God know that you desire to trust Him to provide for your needs. It's choosing to give God credit for the things He's obviously done.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring...all I know is that today was been a GREAT day. :)

No comments: