Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Great Weekend!

This last weekend was a GREAT weekend, and we definitely needed it! It ended up that the weekend was "bookended" by some rather stressful situations...but the weekend itself was WONDERFUL! In the words of Monk, "Here's what happened!"

1. Camping trip with our small group! We went to Lake Cornelia on Friday night, and spend that night and Saturday at the campground. Unfortunately, all our "comfort" camping items were packed away for India, so we just brought our sleeping bags and 4-person tent. This is what we looked like at 3:30 AM...


We ended up GETTING IN THE CAR and DRIVING 40 minutes home at 3:30 Saturday morning, because we couldn't sleep! It was pretty miserable, but we had a great adventure!

We also had a GREAT time out on the lake. The small group has three collective boats with knee boards, tubes, skiis, you name it! Chris rocked it on the water, and I sat out so I wouldn't rip out my nose ring. :)

My favorite parts were just sitting around the campfire, eating and grilling and talking. We will DEFINITELY miss our small group so much, and have been so blessed by our time here with them! They will be lifelong friends.


2. I got to see Katie! Katie and Eli came back for a wedding on Saturday, so I left early Saturday morning for Ames to go spend time with them. We ended up meeting her parents and Eli's parents at a coffee shop, and just sat around and chatted for two hours. It was WONDERFUL, and it felt so good to be able to see them again before we left.

3. On Sunday I headed up to Minnesota with my mom to visit my grandma and grandpa Stellmaker. Grandma's been really sick, so we were going up to assess the situation, but she had a GREAT day! She was the grandma I've always known and loved...check out the fun video. :) I love you two!

1 comment:

Angela said...

oooohhhhh! how precious of a time!