Saturday, July 25, 2009

Our First Fun hike!

These are all out of order, but some of the pictures that I took on first group hike! Chris wasn't feeling well this day (sad...he's all better now!), so he didn't end up going, but we took a 10km hike down the road, and kind of got our bearings as to what's around us. Here you go!


Me and Laura...a real sweetie. :)

Crazy Dave...he grew up on a dairy farm, and apparently loves cows!

Steve and Laura eating PB and J when we stopped for lunch

Just a fun picture...we stopped for lunch at a Chai shop on the side of the road, and there was a milk man that lived next door.

Love doors. :)

Laundry hanging out to dry...so colorful!

We were hanging out at the Chai shop, and a big group of high schoolers from Ireland walk up out of this valley! They'd been staying on Woodstock property, and doing community service at some villages around. It was a really fun moment. :)

No one lived here any more, but this is a typical house that someone would live in.

There are pumps all along the road for people to drink from. They couldn't get it working...but we couldn't have drank from it anyway. :)


A beautiful view. :)
This is actually taken of the valleys on the other side of our hill...on a clear day,
you can see the snow-covered Himalayans!

A Hindu temple along the side of the road.

Our hiking partners!

The group. :)

A small cantonment (settlement) along the way.

We liked this sign..."Caution, Woodstock School". Probably not what your original impression makes you think, but we thought it was funny. Yay for new friends and fun hikes!

4 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

looks beautiful there!....i love how you are posting so many pictures for us to see , and I am sure that you will be making your place cute real soon!...the strings wall hanging does not come with the white wooden frame in some of the pictures.(if that makes sense) There is a blue fabric border that is attached.Let me know what you think, I would love someone I know to enjoy it! :)

Anonymous said...

Nicole! Oh my goodness it has been a long time but I'm excited that you have a blog that I can keep up with!! Your pictures are beautiful. And your in India?!! That's amazing! How long will you be there? I will be keeping you all in my prayers! God has given you such an incredible servant heart! You are truly an amabassador for Christ bringing His love to the world!

Anonymous said...

I want to come and visit...I don't have to get my nose pierced do I?

Yvonne Farley said...

Wow - these pictures are so cool. What an intersting place!