Monday, July 27, 2009

The Little Things...in India!

I decided that since my blog was titled, "The Little Things", I should share some of the little things about our lives that are different, now that we're in India. :)

How we get clean water!

Hanging lightbulbs are everywhere.

Voltage regulator, on major appliances and other things you don't want to blow up!

Our broom!

Our stove/oven put together

Shingles!


Coolies...a.k.a. delivery men (w/o a truck!)

We got a washer, which ROCKS! But, it's semi-automatic...spin cycle is separate.

Hot water heater for our shower.

How the doors shut. How ALL the doors shut.

Shelf liner = last week's paper
Plugs and light switches. :)

7 comments:

The Paine Family said...

I was going to suggest you think of a different blog name (with all the BIG things in your life). But it is nice to share the little things too. The water heater, stove, and broom remind me of HK. Let's skype sometime!

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm just not sure about your broom. Looks like a good excuse not to clean to me!

The Bovens said...

Hmmm...looks familiar...
http://thebovens.blogspot.com/2008/07/little-things.html

Mark said...

Thank you for allowing my son to wash his clothes and use your internet. I just hope you have an air freshener for your laundry room; having been experienced in wash day for Steve. :) And also thank you for your great blog and assisting him in setting up his blog. We are fascinated with the beautiful scenery and the close knit staff. Take care. Mark Luukkonen

Kelli B said...

Nicole I really enjoy your posts. Thanks for putting them up, it's great to "follow along" on your adventure in India. I cannot imagine the shock of everything so different...and yet my heart longs for that! It's awesome you guys get to live in and experience another culture for a year.

Erika said...

Oh wow!! I love that you took pics of all the little things because it gives us an idea of the day to day things that are different!! Your pictures and stories are sooooo fun to see/read! Keep them coming!!

Yvonne Farley said...

Yes - this is sooo cool. These are the little things that really make up the feel of the places we go. Again, it reminds me of the little things in El Salvador. It's funny how all those little things add up to a huge difference in the place. Thanks so much - this is awesome. Love you, Yvonne