Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Butterflies

I'm definitely feeling butterflies in my tummy, every time I count the hours down to our departure. 48 hours. 36 hours. 24 hours. 18 hours. GREAT butterflies, but it is a little scarier than I was imagining!

You know when you picture something in your mind...and then you actually experience it, and it's totally different? That's this. :) Not a bad different, just different. Last night we had supper with my cousin's family, and had a great time. They've taught overseas as well, first in Saipan and then in Dubai. They told us to keep saying..."If you want things to feel like home, then stay home!" We're definitely experiencing that struggle already, as we've sold our cars (good-bye independence!), are saying good-bye to family (good-bye comfortable relationships!), are having our last American meals (good-bye happy stomachs!). I guess we're ready to get uncomfortable!

So, this is the last post from the states! We've had a GREAT couple of last days, probably the best we could have imagined! We moved our last things on Friday, went to a wedding/spent time with family Saturday, had a birthday celebration for my mom/small group good-bye party Sunday, last good-byes to students and final packing on Monday, and birthday girl's day/final FINAL packing today. Rachel and I are going to see Harry Potter at midnight tonight...I thought I'd give my new sleeping schedule a jump start.

And then, to the airport tomorrow at 8:00 AM, say good-bye to family, and start the long journey at 10:15 AM. We fly to Chicago, have a 4 hour layover, then to Frankfurt (2 hour layover), and finally arrive in Delhi around 9:00 PM Thursday night. Spend the night in a hotel, then have an 8 hour train ride to Dehradun and horribly windy bus ride up to Mussoorie. We just found this picture of the ride...it's going to be interesting, to say the least!

No comments: