Thursday, December 29, 2011

Reveal/Christmas Date!

 We had a really hard time deciding if we wanted to find out the gender of our baby.  We had people tell us they loved not knowing and loved knowing, but eventually it came down to us feeling like we really wanted to know...that it would make it feel more real.  However, I REALLY didn't want to find out if it was a boy or a girl with goop on my belly in a dark room with the ultrasound technician sitting right next to us.

A little blurry, but I'm happy and excited to see this little stinker!
Here are some of our favorite pictures of our ultrasound - YAY for healthy, beautiful baby!

I love the little face!!!

 Look at those ribs!

We decided to have the ultrasound technician write the gender on a piece of paper, stick it in an envelope, and then go on a special gender reveal/Christmas date.  It ended up being really special - and I even got a new preggers dress for the occasion. :)

Pre-date picture...we were both so excited!

We'd never eaten at Aunt Maude's before...it was SO GOOD!

Close-up :)

Didn't Chris do an awesome job wrapping?!  I was so impressed!

This is what I saw when I opened the box - see "funny story" at the end to explain!

He got me these boots - I was pumped!
Chris posing with his present - I forgot to get a picture of the opened product, but it was a pair of "hearty" dress shoes.
Yummy appetizer!

"Oh my gosh....what will it say?!"
"I don't know, should we open it?!"

It's a BOY!!!
Daddy's so happy!

Mama's pretty pumped!
After supper we went and got some baby outfits. :)  It was so fun!

It fits!

Had to get the classic preggers picture.
Chris didn't want to be left out, so he tried to find a spot for the outfit to fit too..

Pretty pose!
The night was so special.  I love that we decided to do a special date to find out what it was, and also loved that we had a few days where Chris and I were the only ones that knew the gender.  We are SO excited about our new addition, and I'm really glad that we decided to find out what this first one is...it definitely feels much more real! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Funny Story: We went down to Kansas City about 2 months ago with some family friends.  I had saved up some money to buy boots, and ended up getting two pair at the outlet malls down there.  Since everything didn't fit into my bag on the way back I decided to throw some stuff in a shopping bag to take it home - however, as the girls were bringing things up to the car to get packed, they mistook my shopping bag for garbage and accidentally threw it away.  When we called the next morning, the garbage had already been taken away.  :(  The bag included all my make-up, one of my new pairs of boots, my black teacher shoes, and my nice slippers.  It was pretty disheartening, but I definitely learned a great lesson about holding "stuff" with an open hand!  Chris decided to replace the lost boots for a Christmas present (which is also why he filled the box with garbage!) and I was very excited. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


All that to say, we're having a BOY, and couldn't be more excited!  
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! A boy! We are so happy for you guys!

Erika said...

YAY!!!!! Boys are SO much fun (well, I'm sure that girls are too but I only have experience with a boy!) Oh my goodness, I'm SO happy for you, Nicole!!! You're going to be such a wonderful mom!!!

Matt and Amy Farley said...

WAHOO!!!

Angela Thayer said...

Ahhh! Sooo exciting, Nicole! Congrats! I'm glad you found out...and it such a fun, special way. I love having boys!

Sonia Johnson said...

Little boys are pretty wonderful, I have to say. Of course, my Chris would agree. Congrats!

Joanna Kay said...

Hooray a boy!! How exciting!!

Angela said...

congratulations and congratulations!!! How wonderful! What a fun way you guys did that- finding out the gender. Yay!

Kelli B said...

A boy!!! I'm so excited for you :) This was like a fun post-Christmas surprise since I'm behind on reading my blogs.

Congratulations, Nicole!!