Sunday, December 18, 2011

Park to Park 10K - Only a Few Months Late!

I never posted about this race, but it was so fun!  Originally it was supposed to be a stepping stone in my marathon training – BUT, we ended up finding out about our pregnancy about 3 weeks before this race, so it ended up being just a fun race.  (I thought about continuing on to at least run a half marathon, but ended up just running “gently” after we found out that we were expecting!)  It was especially fun because it ended up being a family event!  My brother-in-law Matt and I ran the 10K, and Amy and my mom ran the 5K.  Good times had by all!

I feel a little sad that I won’t get to cross off the “marathon goal” this year, but the trade-off is definitely worth it!
Matt and I before the race

Getting all set up!

Crossing the finish line...

Amy before the race - pretty happy girl!
The two runner girls!

Crossing the finish line!
YAY for family races!  Excited for the next one! :)

1 comment:

Rachel Farley said...

Fabulous post! Love the photos and the fact that everyone is so beautiful.