Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Book #24: "Unbroken"



This book tells the story of Louis Zamporini, an Italian American that served in WW2.  He was first known for his unbelievable talent in running.  He was an Olympic runner, and if he hadn’t gone off to war, many believe he would have been the first to break the 4:00 mile.  However, he did go off to war, and eventually his plane went down in the Pacific Ocean.  This story tells of his survival through 40-some days on a raft in the ocean, Japanese POW camps, unbelievably awful situations, and eventually how he learned to cope with his past and live his life well.

I absolutely loved this book!  I really enjoy historic novels, but especially love historical non-fiction.  The neat thing about this book is that it read like a novel while giving tons of historical information and telling a personal story at the same time.  I totally recommend reading this, it was awesome!

And with that.....(drumroll please)....I've REACHED MY BOOK GOAL for the year!  I'm totally pumped, especially since I didn't reach this goal last year. :)  Yippee!

No comments: