Thursday, December 08, 2011

The Belly: WHOA

I don't think I'll be someone that reports often on the "belly progress"...I'll probably keep taking pictures, and maybe do one big post at the end.  However, I've only taken two shots so far, and when I compared them tonight (after taking the second one) felt SHOCKED at the difference.  When it happens gradually you're just not so aware - I mean yes, it feels very annoying that I only fit into one pair of my dress pants right now, and even those are so tight that I'm sporting some serious muffin-top action...but in general, I don't notice that I'm getting that much bigger.  Seeing the difference between the pictures though, it kind of hit home...there's a baby growing in there!

THEN #1: Around 7-8 weeks.
THEN #2: The funny thing is, I thought I was showing at this point.  Oh, little did I know!

NOW #1: 18 Weeks, 3 Days
NOW #2: And there ya go!  Oh my...
I'm going to be doing some serious maternity shopping this weekend, since I'm starting to feel depressed every time I walk into my closet. :)  "Hmm...look at all these clothes that I can't wear!"  Other than the clothes issue though, I feel GREAT, and am excited to actually be feeling pregnant!  I'm not feeling tired anymore, haven't had any sickness since week 9, and am figuring out a consistent work-out routine that fits this stage of life. 

I've been feeling the baby move for about 2 weeks now!  Chris has even gotten to feel it multiple times, which makes it SO much fun.  We're still trying to decide if we're going to find out the gender...but if we do, we've decided to have them put it in an envelope and then go on a special Christmas/"find out what we're having" date.  I think either way will be great!

And with that, I'm off to bed.  Sweet dreams! 

10 comments:

Angela Thayer said...

You look so good, Nicole!!! I'm way excited for you! The idea for finding out the gender sounds fun... I think you should find out :)

Rachel Farley said...

Kind of weepy on this end, not going to lie. Oh, I want to feel that baby kick :)

You look fabulous! I can not wait to see you and give you and baby a hug! I miss you lots.

I think your date sounds like a super cute and fun idea if you decide to do that.

Love you and love baby too!

Erika said...

You look so beautiful!!! Oh my goodness....it's real now seeing your cute bump! I think a date to find out what you're having is such a great idea :) Oh, and I remember thinking I was so huge at 8 weeks the first time around....and then I compared it to a 36 week picture! I laughed quite hard at that one! :) I'm just SO excited for you!!

Kelli B said...

Nicole, you look great!

Have you tried some type of bella band? I got one from target and used it a LOT in the early months. It allows you to continue wearing your pants, even when you can't button/fasten them! And nobody knows the difference but you. Also, I bought some tank tops that I wore all pregnancy long - they go under anything, are seemless, SUPER stretchy, and they don't ride up, and they're long to cover over the top of your pants. Let me know if you want the link.

Enjoy these days!!

Kelly Fischer said...

Could you be any cuter?! Ahhh, this makes me miss you so much! I can't wait to give you a hug and see that sweet baby bump in person!

Love you!

Matt and Amy Farley said...

YIPPEE FOR BELLY PICTURES!!! O happy day.

Emily Hatch said...

Enjoy!! We just had our sweet baby girl a week ago- Lucy Revolution Hatch. It's fun to read your blog and remember what it was like to start showing and start needing maternity clothes.
My advice on maternity clothes: have a few pairs of pants that go under your belly and a few that go above it (with that stretchy panel). At first I hated the way that stupid panel felt, but by the end, I NEEDED it to cover up my huge belly (none of my shirts were long enough to do the job by 37+ weeks). But now that I've had the baby, I'm enjoying the lower-cut ones again. It will be a while before I'm back in regular pants, I think.

Unknown said...

Have you tried the hair rubberband through the jeans button hole and around the button trick? You'll have to wear a longer shirt so no one can tell the "barn door is open", but you can still wear your fav jeans for awhile longer.

Unknown said...

Have you tried the hair rubberband through the jeans button hole and around the button trick? You'll have to wear a longer shirt so no one can tell the "barn door is open", but you can still wear your fav jeans for awhile longer.

The Paine Family said...

Hi Nicole!! I 've been so out of touch with internet but tonight was able to jump on a few blogs. You look so cute pregers!!! What an exciting time in life!! I hate feeling out of touch, but look forward to having internet access in a few weeks at which time I will savor retroactively reading all your posts. Love you and your sweet bump!!!