Thursday, September 23, 2010

Elementary Moments...

Elementary reactions to my bright yellow puffy vest
       "Mrs. Farley, why are you wearing a life jacket?"
       "You look like yellow sugar."
       "No, she looks like a cupcake."
____________________________________________________________________
Best "Stop 'n' Drop" Reflection
     Note: "Stop 'n' Drop" is my disciplinary tool...every time a student needs to just step back from a    situation, they take a "stop 'n' drop".  The first one doesn't come with any consequences, it's just to re-direct their frame of mine - but they always have to verbally reflect on their actions before they can rejoin the group.

Mrs. Farley: "Student, how are you going to behave differently next time?"
Student: "Hmm....not be ridiculous."

________________________________________________________
Definitely had two wet pant moments this week (let me clarify...not myself, my kids!).  And while they were pretty hilarious in the back of my mind, I did pull it together and directed them to the nearest pair of dry pants.  :)  I love my job!

3 comments:

Rachel Farley said...

So funny!

You are one cute cupcake :)

Love you girl!

So glad that you are loving your job!!

Maria Lovin said...

This is absolutely hilarious :) I like your strategy, I might have to try that on my "ridiculously-acting" students! :)

Erika said...

HA! Love these!!! I love elementary age....they are SO funny!