Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tourist Week: Thursday

Amy and I have been having a great time in Mussoorie...and (mostly for my own memory's sake) I thought I'd recap each day. So, here's Thursday!

Thursday: a GREAT day! We started the day by hiking up to the top of our little mountain and meeting some friends at Char Dukkan (means "four shops" in Hindi). It's one of the favorite eating spots for Woodstock Staffers, and a group of us met up there to say good-bye to Laura.
Laura has been one of my best friends here, came the same time as us and is also having to leave at the same time as us. SO, while the people here will miss her lots and lots, we'll LOVE having her in Minnesota, so close and able to be visited. :) YAY Laura!


One of Laura's famous faces!
(Laura is one of our trekking companions...so we didn't ACTUALLY have
to say good-bye yet. YAY!)


Nan, looking wonderful as usual :)
(also one of our trekking companions...wahoo!)


Sisters!


Such a fun group!!!


_____________________________________________

In the afternoon we met the 5th grade day-scholars (meaning their parents work at the school, so they're here all summer) down at the swimming pool. Brought us back to our Hidden Acres days, throwing kids around in the water. So much fun!






Everyone brought food for a potluck supper...pretty impressive for a bunch of 5th graders! We played "Honey I love you", and laughed a lot.


A great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what a SMALL WORLD it is!! I was looking through your pictures and saw a friend of mine from LA!! I'm friends with Laura's brother Jed! So crazy!! Love it! :)