Saturday, June 19, 2010

Baring it All

Sometimes life is funny. :)

A few weeks ago, Chris decided to cut his hair. Wait. Let me back up. Haircuts have traditionally been a funny source of (minor but real) contention for us - he always asks me to buzz his hair for him, but he ALWAYS asks me to do it after 11:00 PM at night. and I ALWAYS tell him - "Honey, I'd be very happy to cut your hair at a reasonable hour. However, this is not reasonable." So, we've compromised (like any healthy, old married couple) and formed new habits.
The new "haircut norm" is that chris buzzes his head by himself and then I come along afterward to do a "clean-up buzz" along with the trimming in the back and around the ears (note the order of those two events). This arrangement has served us and our marriage very well. Until recently....

And so, I pick back up where I left off. A few weeks ago, Chris decided to cut his hair. And like our new arrangement stipulated, I came in afterwards to do my wifely duty. He hands me the buzzer and I go to town on the "clean-up buzz". Bzzz...oh, crap. Ah....well....hmmm...Chris....huh... Chris had removed the guard to the buzzer so I could trim. But, I didn't trim. I buzzed. With no guard on. Down to his bare head.
This is ESPECIALLY funny because one of my grandma's favorite stories to tell us was when she had buzzed a bare-headed line right down the middle of my dad's head on accident. We would listen to the story for the 50th time as if waiting for the surprise ending (loving it every time!), and say, "Ha! Can't believe you did that grandma!" I always did think I was a lot like my grandma!

And so, my husband is nearly bald. He is still extremely handsome, but it's definitely a new look. and now that he's talking to me again, it's really a pretty funny story! Right honey? Oh wait....too soon? Yeah yeah - definitely my fault. Okay, no laughing about it yet...so sorry... :)

Yep. Sometimes life is really funny!


P.S. Two days after the haircut fiasco we went on a hike - and got SO BURNED. Chris' poor never-been-seen head got SO burned that his head blistered, pussed and peeled like dandruff. And, it was all my fault. Sorry honey!

1 comment:

The Paine Family said...

Oh my goodness! This is the funniest post ever, he, he!! (sorry Chris) but I like your new look! I did this once to Ryan when he was in college, he was a good sport.