Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Thoughts Lately

So, I've got 3 days of school left. And surprisingly, I'm okay with that. :)

I have such mixed feelings about leaving, but am surprising not overly emotional (for once in my life!!!) . When we left Webster City I cried for days on end - and to be honest, sometimes still do! I think, though, that going through that transition has really helped me. I still love and miss those kids, but I also keep in touch with quite a few of them and know what's going on in their lives. AND - I was still able to love these kids here (I was afraid that I would leave all my love with my last students).

I feel like a parent. My dad always said he was really nervous when my mom was pregnant with my brother, because he was afraid he couldn't love the "second one" as much as the first. And then Matthew came out - and he, of course, loved him just as much. After having my second "teacher-child", I guess I've realized that no matter where I teach, there will be kids that need loving and that will love me back. :)

And so, now I'm mourning that our time here is coming to an end, but also really looking forward to the next stage in life! We get a FULL MONTH of traveling/culture/time with Amy (and at the end of the month, the Farley Family!). THEN, we get to move in with my parents! (which I am so excited about - after a whole year without any time with them, I could do with some Stellmaker intensity!!). Between July 25th and August 18th I'll dive into projects and painting and the challenge of turning a plain music room into a "magic world of creativity" - and then on August 18th, I start my new job! Even though I did elementary music here, there have been so many restrictions (and it was my first year doing it - never fun!). So, I'm pumped. :)

Most importantly, though, I'm so excited to get back to the people in Iowa. My family, Chris' family, friends, old students, new little babies to meet and hold and cuddle and spoil. We're really excited to get involved in a new church body (probably in Ames), and see how we've changed in India, and how God can use that in Iowa.

And with that, I'm going to go enjoy a quiet evening of knitting and internet browsing with my husband. :) Have a good one!

1 comment:

Rachel Farley said...

Iowa is so excited to have you back :)


I love you darling sister friend.