Sunday, May 09, 2010

Radical

God has been teaching Chris and I what it looks like to actually follow Him. Lately it feels like He's been throwing stuff at me, and I'm nervous, excited, challenged, and sometimes terrified.

I guess I'm realizing, for the first time, the extreme cost of Christ. If we're ignorant we can claim ignorance. But when we know, we can't hide. We have a responsibility...and have to decide whether we choose to obey or disobey. I wish God had started this semester with a flashing sign from heaven saying: Information Learned Here is NOT for the Faint of Heart! And so, I'll say it - the information in the sermons and websites below comes with a responsibility. A beautiful responsibility, but sometimes it's scary to really count the cost.


____________________________________________________________

The only question - do we actually believe what Jesus says?

Luke 14:33 "In the same way, any of you who does not give up
everything he has
cannot be my disciple."

4 comments:

Amy LaVonne said...

Can't wait to listen to these...well kinda can't wait...kinda can because you keep saying that they scare you! :}

Amanda Seibert said...

glad you're enjoying the radical series! wish we could compare "sermon notes" at a barrista sometime! :-)

Anonymous said...

God is soooooo faithful and I know He delights in your teachable spirit. I, too, only sorta look forard to listening to these... I'm anxious to see how MY spirit will respond...teachable or not? Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
i love you, coco....your mama

STEPHANIE. said...

You have a beautiful heart.