Sunday, May 09, 2010

Ode to My Mama...

Mom, I am SO glad that we get to celebrate you today.

You are awesome. You're a wonderful mom. You're a wonderful wife. You're a wonderful caregiver. You're a wonderful director. You're a wonderful friend. You're creative, musical, a great leader, a great teacher, patient with people when they need it, hard on people when they can handle it, a truth teller, a hard worker...so wise, so kind, and you give of yourself unselfishly.

You are an inspiration to me. You taught me to dream big and then go for it. You taught me to do my best at anything I do. You taught me to draw my numbers in sugar...and then let me lick my finger when I did them right. :) You taught me to get my work done, and then play hard. You taught me to value people before things. You encouraged me, told me I could do it when I didn't believe I could, and challenged me to be better. You gave us a secure and loving home to come home to, but always let us know that you would still love us no matter where we went.

I SO wish I could be there to tell you all these things in person...but know that you are loved from around the other side of the world. I can't wait to be with you soon.

I LOVE YOU!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear sweet Nicole -
thank you for this beautiful ode...It has been my favorite part of life being your mom. I am very honored by your writing and very loved by the way you live your life. God is glorified by the life you are to this world. I love you more than words could ever say.
your mama