Saturday, March 13, 2010

List of Books to Read...

As things have become less CHAOTIC after our decision was made, I've been re-focusing on my year-goals. I've been playing lots of guitar, practicing violin during the school days, and have made a "to-read" list to get done before we leave at the end of the semester. Books here get passed around, so I have/will be able to borrow most of them!

1. "Stones in Schools", by Greg mortenson
2. "Blink", Malcolm Gladwell
3. "Life of Pi", Yann Martel
4. "The Alchemist", Paulo Coelho
5. "A New Kind of Christian", McClaren
6. "Cold Mountain", Charles Frazier
7. "City of Thieves", David Benioff
8. "Thirteen Moons", Charles Frazier
9. "Congo", Michael Crichton
10. "Sophie's World", Jostein Gaarder
11. "Eat, Pray, Love", Elizabeth Gilbert
12. "Love in the Time of Cholera", Garcia Marquez
13. "Korea", Simon Winchester
14. "Man-Eaters of Kumaon", Jim Corbett
15. "Burnt Shadows", Kamila Shamsie
16. "Factory Girls", Leslie Chang

I've only read 3 so far this semester...and my goal for the year is 30. I'd best get crackin'!

3 comments:

MussoorieSteve said...

best crackin those books WHILE running and exercising 20 out of the 30 days of the month!! or whatever your exercise goal was!!! DON'T forget about your physical well-being!!! People often do!!:(

A@mir said...

Nice list..

Try to add some of Ruskin Bonds's works. He is one of the best Indian writer and writes in semi-autobiographical style. The plot of most of his stories is based on Mussoorie and places nearby. And the best thing, he lives in Mussoorie :)

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.