Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Event #1: Birthday Fun!

Things have finally CALMED DOWN! Chris has been crazy busy with programming and laptop initiatives and ubuntu set-up, and I've been grading grading grading and getting ready for WAY too many events...but life has FINALLY calmed down, and I feel so happy! It's that "transition" time, where you can start thinking about the regular things in life again. :) And so, this is the first in a series of event posts. We've had lots of great things that have happened in the last 2 months that haven't gotten posted. And, I thought I'd start with the most recent (today)...my birthday!


Our friend Steve "decorated" my office. :)


I've been coaching junior high basketball...and I LOVE them to death! It's been a really neat season so far, and the girls are seriously amazing (calling 2-hour practices on weekends, encouraging and pushing each other, etc.) And, today they "called" a surprise birthday party over lunch!


They all brought their tuk (junk food) from dorms, and we had our own lunch. Good thing we didn't have practice after school!






They made a "cake" (a.k.a. chocolate-covered corn flakes!) Hard to do with the limited resources of a dorm room!



They made me stand and wait in the hallway while they got the room "party" ready :)




THEN...we had adult party time! Chris, me, Steve, Nan, Laura, Kate, Stephen, and Jenny all went out for pizza and coffee/cake tonight. Good times!

Laura made a SPECTACULAR cake. Mmm mmm good!

Chow down girl!

Smile pretty!


It was a WONDERFUL day, filled with smiles and well wishes and birthday song/screams. :) Even though I feel especially sad today that we're leaving...I am overwhelmingly joyful!

4 comments:

MussoorieSteve said...

WOW thank you for your last sentence being a debby downer!!!!! LAME-O!!!!! :)

Amy LaVonne said...

YAHOOO for Birthdays! I am so glad that you were born --- years ago. (The --- are so not to embarrass you for being SOOOO OLD!!!!!) I love you big sis! I can't wait to spend 1.5 months of this next year completely together! hehehe!

The Paine Family said...

Happy Birthday Nicole!! We were thinking of you yesterday. Glad that you were loved and celebrated all day long. You truly are an inspiration to many people to live each year (and day) to the fullest. Excited to see what this next year brings!!!! XOXO, The Paines

STEPHANIE. said...

Looks like a splendid day! Love the video. :)... Happy birthday!!! Smiles to you. :) :)