Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Event #4: Staff Talent Show!

Two weekends ago we ALSO had our STAFF TALENT SHOW!!!! Nothing brings you back to high school like a good old-fashioned variety show, and we had a GOOD TIME! The students loved EVERYTHING (in some ways it made you feel AWESOME about yourself...but since they screamed for everyone no matter what, we all knew that deep down it was more about the screaming than about our performances!), and the staff had a great time. :)

Ben and James were our emcees...James, where are you?! And Ben...why are you so short?!


A group of us girls did a hiphop medley...which turned out to be really fun! I was a little afraid at first, since I was the one with the most dance experience (reminder: I was in dance from ages 5-6!), but we stole a bunch of dance moves from the internet and had TONS of fun!


I know. We're ghetto.


I had a hard time talking Chris into making a stage appearance, but he decided to participate in the "Fashion Fusion" fashion show with me. And...he was a HIT!!!!


Chris was seriously hilarious. He started walking all goofy as a joke one day in practice, but when the older Tibetan man that was behind him fell over laughing, we figured we might as well ham it up at the real show. :)


Pete Wildman, guitarist and singer extraordinaire!


I ended up doing a solo. I really don't know why I do that to myself though, I was SO nervous!


Angie Endo re-wrote a SNL skit from the perspective of a disillusioned Woodstock alumni...I was backstage when they performed, but it was apparently hilarious!


Best act of the night, hands down! These guys did an '80's dance that was to DIE for. Check out the YouTube Video, for sure!


Afterward a few of us went out to The Tavern (a restaurant, not an actual tavern!) and had a good time just hanging out. It really did feel like high school...McDonald's after choir concerts anyone?!?!



WAY TO GO EVERYONE!


(Video links to come later, for those of you that care!)

3 comments:

Lokesh Todi said...

Was going through WS website and came across your blog. Really enjoyed the post on the WS Staff Talent Show. I graduated WS in 2005 but always love to find out what is happening there. I hope both of you are enjoying your time in WS/India.

Amy LaVonne said...

AMAZING... I love the picture of you and Chris in the fashion show... made me laugh out loud!!! WOOHOO Hott Stuff!

Unknown said...

Some nice stuff in your article I really feel speechless, because event staffing is quit pretty article. Beside this it is also a long after reading lasting article. Thanks for giving me such type of useful information..