Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Event #5: Fieldtrip to Delhi!

Chris got to chaperone a Hindi 1 field trip to Delhi a few weeks back, and here are some of his pictures. I don't think I'll get a chance to see these places before we leave, so I'm living vicariously through him on this one!

The Red Fort


Chris, the Mogul Warrior!

I like that he took pictures of the cute kids...he's going to be a great dad some day. :)



Standing at the India Gate, looking at the capital building.



It's almost like the Arc de Triumph in Paris!


"Don't mess around, I'm watching you!"


The Indian version of the Buckingham Palace guards.


Full shot of the Indian Gate.


The Lotus Temple, part of the Baha'i religion.
Designed to remind people of the beauty of life and the unity of God, mankind, and all religions.


Sydney Opera House, anyone?!


The Qutub Minar.
Built in 1199, and one of the best examples of Islamic architecture in India!





The whole group. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing experience...Thanks for sharing these great pictures! I'll live vicariously through these pictures, too! Love, mom S