Sunday, December 27, 2009

Switching Modes

Our trip home has been WONDERFUL so far, and we're definitely feeling very blessed to be home. :) I will write a post about our time here and our Christmas celebrations...but tomorrow I'm transitioning from "vacation-home mode" to "work-home mode", so that's at the forefront of my mind.

We have officially informed Woodstock that we won't be returning next year. It was a hard decision emotionally, but we really didn't have any choice financially. Our house hasn't sold and we're currently using our savings to pay our mortgage each month...savings accounts don't fill up on their own, and ours is being quickly depleted. We need to make money!

That being said, we're starting to apply for jobs...write cover letters...adjust our resumes...fill out graduate school applications(slight possibility, but an exciting one!)...and it's SO time consuming! I really love change, though, so the prospect of next year is exciting. ESPECIALLY, because we will likely stay where we go next for a while. While I do love change, I'm also ready for some stability!

One of the things I've been working on is a general music website. It will primarily be used for my current student's and the work we do in class, but I'll also send it to potential future employers so they can get an idea of how I run my class/what kind of curriculum I've set up. It uses google apps, which Chris has just introduced into my life...it's really amazing, and he thinks schools will use it a lot in the future. :)

All this to say, I've got a date with my computer at Panera tomorrow, and I can't wait. :) Know any music job openings? Computer job openings? Send 'em our way! Oh, and Merry Be-lated Christmas!

4 comments:

Maria Lovin said...

Hey Nicole! Sounds exciting :) I have a date tomorrow with my laptop for planning and applications and stuff too! I don't know where you'll be looking, but for jobs in Iowa I use www.iareap.net and www.iowaeducationjobs.com. They're both easy to look for jobs by category and area. I'm not sure if that's helpful or not, but just thought I'd let you know! Good luck!!!

Janet said...

Our school is looking for both, but it is Indonesia. Much better living/working conditions than India/Woodstock, but still not a money maker!

Lindsay said...

Hey Nicole! I will keep on the lookout for positions in eastern Iowa. What type of IT work does Chris do? Is he a network engineer? You can feel free to be technical with me - it's what my husband does - so he may know of some positions...

-Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!