Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"Morning by Morning" and "Birthday Celebrations"

Morning by Morning
I've started praying for wisdom all the time. When I'm talking, eating, listening, worrying, falling asleep, all the time. I feeling the Lord's presence more and more, and my prayers have "birthed" two convictions so far.

1. Don't talk. I talk too much. I say things that are not full of wisdom and discernment. Sometimes I think they're wise, until I hear the reaction of the person I've said it to and realize that it's NOt what they need to hear at all. So, I've decided to stop myself from talking three times before I actually talk, and then ask God if He actually wants me to say anything at all. It's been an interesting experiment. :)

2. I need to meet with God in the morning. Every morning since I started asking the Lord for wisdom, He's woken me up an hour before I wanted to get up. At first I didn't necessarily realize it as His influence, and thought it was just jet lag. And, I got up the first few mornings because I wasn't tired. BUT, last night I went to bed after 1:00, and at 6:07 this morning I wake up for no reason. What time was the alarm set for? 7:15. I was SO tired! So, God and I argued, I ignored God, and went back to sleep.

In my quiet time later I started feeling really convicted, and am nervous that this may be the sacrifice God is asking of me. It feels like He's saying, "Nicole, start working out your salvation...GET UP!" I'll keep you updated on my early morning refinement.


Birthday Celebrations
On a completely different note, it was Chris' birthday yesterday! He and I could stand to work on our "event" celebrations...we tend to not make a big deal of birthdays/anniversaries/holidays. In some ways it takes a lot of pressure off, and we never really have unmet expectations...but when his birthday came and went and I hadn't done ANYTHING, I felt really sad. So, that's going to change! Tonight is his actual birthday celebration (we had a baby shower for Mike and Lianne last night, so displaced Chris' birthday party to tonight)...and I'm going to go do some research. We'll see what I come up with. :)



(This is us at his birthday last year...my man's 27 now!)

_________________________________________________________

Why I love my "Happy Birthday" Man...

Chris is gracious and forgiving.
Chris is truly brilliant with all things computer. Almost every day
I stare at him in awe at least once.
Chris keeps me from taking life too seriously.
Chris is so very, VERY handsome. :)
Chris pushes me to be a better person.
Chris is going to be an amazing father.
Chris lets me be sad and grumpy, then makes a joke and makes me happy.
We can laugh and laugh and laugh.
He writes me gusher poems.
He moved halfway across the world with me...and we still like each other!
He's my bestest friend. :)
He loves me for ME.
He loves Jesus.


I love you Chris!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for keeping us posted Nicole!
This morning in my devotions I read a verse that reminded me of you immediately. Psalms 90:14
"O satisfy us in the morning with Thy lovingkindness, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."
Verse 12 is also good.

I also speak too quickly and want to learn to hold my tongue and to choose my words more carefully. You pray for me and I'll pray for you. Love ya, Kathleen