Friday, August 28, 2009

Consider it pure joy...

Just a quick update to say that while some days are much better than others, overall I'm feeling a strong sense of joy from the Lord. I think the combination of my writings of culture shock and my grandma's death may have been a little worrisome for some family members, but be assured! God is good, and He's been very present in our lives through all of this.

I've felt really dead spiritually the last couple of years, as I've started full-time work and been so busy...it's been a really hard transition in my spiritual life. It felt like I was never "feeling" things, "feeling" God's presence. I know our spiritual journey is about the ups and downs, but I (as a feeler!) was frankly VERY sick of it. So, even though the feelings here are sometimes not so good, I am DEFINITELY feeling God's presence in the midst of them, and that's a WONDERFUL feeling. :)

So, no worries! We really are getting settled in here, really making some great friends, and barely ever think "what did we get ourselves into!?". Oh yeah, and the kids are adorable.

Today: I'm going to DehraDun with two girlfriends to get some more house shopping done (woohooo), then hosting a chill evening of "Breakfast for Supper" and games/a movie. SO, have a good one, 'cause I'm planning to!

6 comments:

Brenda Sinnett said...

I just wanted to tell you how I enjoy reading your life...You are so honest. I can see where this can be a very large challenge for you and your husband! But I LOVE how you always, ALWAYS come back to your faith in the Lord and know that He is taking care of you. Because we all know that without Him, doesn't matter what we do. But when what we do, what/where ever it is, is all for and about Him...it is GOOD!!!
Take care of yourself and God bless you and keep you!!!

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear about your spiritual life coming back. I have been through those dead times myself, I have have hated them as well. There is nothing greater in life than to feel God's presence with its wonderful peace and joy. Whoo-hoo!! I'm grateful for you. I love you! Yvonne

Rachel Farley said...

Good post. Were going to have some awesome Jesus times while I am there. Morning devotionals looking at his creation and lots of worship music. Thanks for being so honest. I love you. You are one of thee most in tune people I know. You really have taught me to learn more about myself and others. I love you dearly and miss you terribly. Please get on Skype soon so we can chat.

Hello to Chris and the moneys.

Unknown said...

Good to hear... I was worrying about you lately... :( Not because of you, but because i worry and I love you.

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I think its awesome that you are experiencing God in big ways in India. I think both you and Chris thrive on adventure in your personal walk with Christ.
Love you both.

STEPHANIE. said...

Nicole you are such a beautiful woman with a positive attitude. :)