Sunday, August 16, 2009

Today I...

walked pver 30 kilometers. FYI, that's about 20 miles! Since we were busy with Independence Day yesterday we decided to do a hike today. And even though we missed church, there were multiple times that I felt so worshipful because of getting to experience nature! It was really neat.

We ended up going to Thatyur again (we went a different way this time, and I liked it a lot more!), and Chris felt well enough to come this time! It was so much more fun having him there, yay! Here are some fun pics...

We're on our way!

Just a cool looking "house" along the way.


Clothes drying.


Chris waving hi at the "scenic overlook"


Beautiful!


2 big birds...they were REALLY big!


This is one of my favorites...this kid was waving and yelling hi at us...but all we
could see was the silhouette. So cool!

A random pot. Kinda cool...


Say Cheese!

Rice patties on the way down.


Me and Cookie in a restaurant in Thatyur.


What a cutie. :)


Steve and Dave with their mouths full.


These boys were fascinated with the LCD screen on our cameras, so I took a picture of them so they could see themselves on the screen.


Yeah, nasty. There were TONS of leeches on this hike (first time we really saw some, it was gross!), and Steve ended up not catching one before it latched on. It looks a lot worse than it actually was, but he definitely drew a crowd at the restaurant when he was cleaning it off! I've decided that I do NOT like leeches.


Now, the more in shape people have always hiked up after going down...first down to Rajpur (I stayed in town and shopped, taxi up), then to Thatyur last weekend (some of us got a taxi up). I decided that today was the day...and I hiked back up too. It was 9 miles down and 9 miles back...adding in the distance traveled to school for supper, and I made my goal of 30 kilometers in one day. YAY! Next stop...Cross Country!

3 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

oh wow! I was gone for a bit at family camp and now I have to catch up on lots! You look gorgeous in those photos!

The Paine Family said...

20 miles- way to go! Looks beautiful there.

Yvonne Farley said...

Wow - it is really beautiful. I want to go! Are the leeches jsut hanging out everywhere or what? Canyou wear stuff to keep them from climbing up your pants? I just NEED to know if I am going on a hike. Love you!