Saturday, April 28, 2012

"Simple Gifts"


Simple Gifts

'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be free
'Tis a gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I so strongly desire simplicity to become an ingrained part of my life.  And I wonder, where does simplicity come from?  Is it simply contentment given by the Holy Spirit?  Is it a daily discipline that we must struggle toward?  What does a simple life really include?  Can it be physical, emotional, spiritual, relational, spiritual?  Is it even possible to be truly simple and be a part of this over-committed, complicated world?
Especially in light of all the "stuff" that inevitably comes with a baby (and not just physical stuff, but a whole new set of struggles to give up to the Lord), I am desiring more and more to become a truly content and simple person....to find True Freedom in all areas...to 'come down where I ought to be'...to find myself in the 'place just right'...and to find myself filled with love and delight at how good life is.

On this topic, a friend shared this post on facebook.  I think it's a great challenge!

What are ways that you keep your life simple?  

No comments: