Wednesday, November 09, 2011

The Not-so-New News :)

Hey blogging world, guess what?!?!  



The Farley's are having a baby!



I know it's been a long time since I've posted, but when we knew we were pregnant and couldn't tell the world, it just felt goofy and a little strange to post about other things.  So, I decided to just hang out and wait.  :)  However, I'm now 14 weeks pregnant, the news has been "facebooked", and the world knows.  YAY!

So, the story!  Chris and I decided to go off birth control in June,  we moved and I was gone at a music class for half of July (therefore not much trying!), and I tested positive in August.  WHAT?!  To be honest, I was NOT expecting it to happen so fast.  However, when Chris and I were talking about the "optimal" situation we talked about how great it would be to have a May due date....and our Little Lime's due date is MAY 7th!  We couldn't be happier. :) 

We've randomly started referring to the little one as our "lime"...we were visiting with our small group one night and told them the baby was the size of a lime....and during prayer that night our friend Dave prayed for "the lime".  After that, the in-belly name was decided. :)

Hmm...What else to tell?

- We're still deciding about whether or not to find out the sex of the baby.  At first I really didn't want to, and now I'm 50/50 depending on the day.

- I felt really sick during week 8/9 (even though I never threw up - wow!), but otherwise have just felt pretty tired.  However, I am SO much less emotional than expected...I feel a lot more stable than when I was on my regular cycle, so YAY!  And - this week I feel like I'm totally back to normal physically!

- I'm starting to pooch out quite a bit. :)  Still wearing regular pants (as long as they're low-rise!), but they're definitely tight.  It's fun!

- It's really fun to be in my home town and living with my parents during this first pregnancy...a really special time. :)

- I felt really bloated and icky at first, and was afraid I was going to have a hard time embracing this time because of all the changes to my body...but now I don't feel like that at all.  Yay!

Funny Moments at School....

I'll make sure to keep updating these as they come, because there have been some SERIOUSLY funny moments!  My favorites include...

- I keep catching kids staring at my belly, trying to decide if I'm actually pregnant since I'm not showing much.  One 1st grader even patted my belly, then asked why my baby was so much smaller than his little brother.

- A mom came up to me and congratulated me for being "6 months pregnant with triplets."  Apparently there was a rumor circulating among the kids that I was having triplets!  The day after I heard the rumor a kindergartener brought me in a picture he had drawn of me with my three babies. :)

- I always say good-bye/give hugs to the kids as they leave class.  One 2nd grader said..."Have a good day, and happy baby New Year!"

- Today in Kindergarten class we sang "This Old Man" to a fun, energetic recording.  Between the verses we do a little "dance" with different body parts (fingers, feet, elbows, tongue, nose, it's pretty funny!).  When we were doing a "belly" dance one Kindergarten boy said, "hey, your baby's dancing!"  He was SO excited that my baby could dance with us!

And with that - I'm back in the blogging world and have lots of catching up to do! 


Thank you LORD for this amazing blessing!


7 comments:

Erika said...

YAY!!!! My goodness, I'm SO excited for you!! So glad to hear that you've been feeling good during this pregnancy! And, LOVE the stories of your students! Haha! Too funny!!!

Angela Thayer said...

So exciting, Nicole! Those stories are hilarious and priceless! Your students must love you! :)

Rachel Farley said...

Triplets, YES!!! I will come help you out when you need it. Oh, you're not having 3 babies?! Ok :)

I am SO excited that it's public knowledge and that you blogged about it. Praise Jesus for a healthy growing babe.

I love the student stories and I can't wait for more.

Oh, and you really should find out... because I want you to and that is how you should live, doing what I want. Just kidding :)

Love you and your baby!

Erik and Laura Ouimette said...

Oh, so excited for you! Congratulations! LOVE the student stories. Triplets Huh? Kids make me laugh. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Can't wait to see your lime at Thanksgiving!

Matt and Amy Farley said...

:) hehehe

STEPHANIE. said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so sad I didnt see this post earlier. I am so happy for you guys!!!!I Make sure you post some cuteness pics, I want to hear about everything!...we just need to get together soon. What is your schedule like during the week? weekends?

Unknown said...

I'm in love with the things the kids say!! Reminds me of when my brother and his wife called from overseas to tell us they were expecting. Their exact words to Clay were, "We're bringing you home a baby cousin" which he immediately responded to by yelling and fist pumping, 'YES! They're bringing me home a baby brother!" After which we had a talk about the difference between the words "cousin" and "brother" . . .

Oh, and just wait. With kids' imaginations, next week your baby could be an alien . . . or a cat. You never know.