Saturday, November 19, 2011

Book #19: "Ready, Player One"


Totally honest: this is a nerd book.  And totally honest: I liked it!  Basically, the story takes place in the future when a virtual reality has all but replaced real life...everyone has an avatar, people spend their real money on fake clothes and transportation and whatever for their avatar...blah blah blah.  When Chris first told me about it, I was seriously turned off by the story plot.  But (and it helped that it was an audio book) as it got going I was surprised by how "into it" I got!  There were definitely times that I felt a little depressed at how sad the character's real lives were....but things were redeemed at the end. 

In all, I wouldn't give this an overwhelming recommendation - but if you're looking for a book to listen to that passes the time and gets your brain engaged, go for it!

No comments: