Saturday, November 19, 2011

Book #22: "90 Minutes in Heaven"


I read this on a 6-hour car drive, and it was the perfect car-read.  Quick, easy, engaging, thought and conversation-provoking.  Don Piper is a pastor who was involved in a serious car accident.  He ended up physically dying for 90 minutes, after which he miraculously woke up again after being prayed over by another pastor.  The story talks about his experience after death and pre-waking up (so basically, his heaven encounter), as well as his process of healing and dealing with chronic pain after the accident.  He's VERY honest about everything, and it was a really neat book to read. 

We're going through Revelation at church right now, and I don't think this was an accidental timing thing.  God is continually reminding me that heaven and hell are both VERY real, and I need to get up off my much-too-content-behind and tell people about Jesus!  Good book, should definitely read. ;)

No comments: