Saturday, November 19, 2011

Book #23: "The Help"


Oh, this book is so so SO good!

If you haven't read this book, I'm going to say that you need to!  This was another audio book from audible and to be honest, it was really neat listening to it as opposed to reading it myself.  The narrators were unbelievable, and they all had very distinct personalities with sweet accents...it's like the book came alive, and I didn't have to do any work to get it there! 

I thought this book did a great job of highlight the inequalities that were still very present after slavery was abolished...it presented situations as they could have been, and then let those situations speak to your heart.  Totally loved it, can't wait to see the movie!

2 comments:

Sonia Johnson said...

I read The Help and loved it. It's at the North Grand theater right now!
Sonia

Rachel Farley said...

Wasn't it so good?! I loved it as well.

The movie is great and so well done.

Good job on all of your reading. You're a rock star.