Friday, September 23, 2011

3rd Quarter Goal Reflections...

It's that time to ask myself, "Self, how're you doing on your goals?!"   

 Goal 1 - Catch up on scrapbooking
      *I just need someone to shake me and say "this is what you're doing."  I still can't decide whether I really want to make the digital change - even though I KNOW it's the smart thing to do because of money and time.  GRR!!!
 
Goal 2 - Become active/involved at Cornerstone
     *DONE! PK Sunday School room, new small group, and tried out for the Cornerstone band last night. :)
 
Goal 3 - Get trained in foster care
     *DONE!
 
Goal 4 - Become conversational in Spanish
     *Not happening. :)

Goal 5 - Save up to buy a nice bike
     * DONE!


Goal 6 - Have a garden/do some canning
     *Plan is to have an inside herb garden instead.  That can count, right?!
 
Goal 7 - Work through my elementary curriculum
    *DONE!

Goal 8 - Level 1 Kodaly Certification
    *DONE!


Goal 9 - Finish a marathon
     *Re-evaluate - I've had some personal set-backs that have made me re-evaluate whether or not this is a good goal for me at all.  I might change the goal to a triathalon...thoughts?  I find that I get to about 12 miles for training and my body starts falling apart.  And since I like my body, I'd rather it not fall apart.  :)  But I do hate changing goals once they're made...

Goal 10 - $18,000 of student loans paid off, $4,000 in savings
     *Still working away and set to meet this goal by Christmas!

AND: the +1....
Goal 11 - Be more intentional with communication/interaction.
     *Going back to work has definitely decreased the amount of time I have at my disposal to communicate/interact with others.  I'm realizing that I need to be intentional with the people I come in contact with daily, and then choose a few to be intentional with otherwise.  I'd say I am improving...unquantifiable goals are hard to assess!
______________________________________________

Year Focus:
Bearing Fruit 

Jesus is changing me and making me bear fruit even when "I don't wanna!"  Who knew bearing fruit came with so many emotional break-downs!
______________________________________________

Extra Goal: Read 24 Books
    *Up to 18, working on #19, and have my last 5 books just waiting on the shelf!

FINAL REFLECTION: I feel great about the progress, but always hate realizing that some goals just aren't going to happen.  Oh well...I guess that's where I learn how to show myself grace!  Sometimes that's a hard lesson to learn!

1 comment:

Rachel Farley said...

You impress me. I LOVE the goals you have set for yourself and really like hearing about your process.

I think you should be VERY proud of yourself.

Do a triathlon, it's so much cooler anyways. Oh, and an inside herb garden sounds awesome!

Love you!