Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Full House

As of last Monday we've had a full house.  And by full house, I mean the Yahtzee kind - 2 of one kind and 3 of another.  2 adults and 3 kids!

I have never been so exhausted in my whole life.  This has been a WONDERFUL experience, and I've especially learned a lot about what parent's heart must be like....sacrificial giving without any expectation of something in return.  (from my last post, I'm wondering if this is my next lesson to really learn?!).  And while this has been about the best situation possible for what we're doing (I'm sorry if this doesn't all make sense, I can't really say more!), it's still been very hard.

After the last 2 weeks I feel VERY certain that both parents are not meant to work outside the home full time.  The family suffers, the house suffers, health suffers, relationships suffer, communication suffers, work suffers...nothing is done the way it should be done!  I guess it feels good to learn that lesson earlier rather than later.

I've also felt very blessed by some relationships we have right now.  We have felt so supported, so loved, so encouraged...in spite of my public breakdowns, people still hug me!

And that's that!  It looks like our temporary family will be moving on soon, but we've loved having them for this season and are praying for their next transition.


4 comments:

Kelli B said...

Nicole!!!!!!!

Beautiful, my friend. Beautiful! I think about you guys almost every day. Love that you are giving your all to this as it ebbs and flows.

And man-oh-man...my biggest desire now is to be able to stay home! It is SO HARD to leave your children in the care of others. I desire so much to be home. Perhaps someday :)

Erika said...

SO cool, friend! I love hearing tidbits about it...even though I know you can't share lots because of privacy reasons! I absolutely agree about having a parent home....I can say that these last 9 months have been wonderful for our marriage, our communication, and our family. Financially, of course, is hard but I feel so blessed that I can stay at home with my children for the time being :)

Matt and Amy Farley said...

PICTURES?!?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking care of the monkeys! We are thankful that they had a safe and loving place to be during this time. May you be blessed.