Thursday, August 25, 2011

Minneapolis Cousins

Since we decided to take the foster care class this summer (and have been working to pay off our debt), a big travel trip didn't really fit into our lives.  I distinctly remember a moment of fear at the beginning of the summer where I thought "what am I going to do?!"  I DEFINITELY didn't have a problem filling up my time...lots of hanging out, lunch dates, running dates, boot camp, moving, school stuff, classes, and WEEKEND TRIPS!

We scheduled three weekend trips at the beginning of the summer.  First, we head down to Kansas to visit our dear family (Dana and Kathleen) and friends (Cookie and Dave).  We LOVE spending time with them, and had a super weekend.  Little trip #1 = success!

Our second trip was up to Minneapolis to visit my cousin Tara and her family.  After visiting Jason and Christine in Hong Kong, I realized how much I like being able to picture people's daily lives.  SO, we scheduled a weekend to visit and head up to observe the life of the Huptons!  Here are some highlights.  :)

America's version of bicycle rickshaws!

Big boy Tyler riding his bike

There was a neat Aztec dance troop that performed in the middle of the park we went to.

And then there were some strange Star Wars people with action figure cards.  Hmmmm...

Father/Son, so sweet.

Hubby/wife. :)

The whole crew!

And the sweet family. :)  Love you Huptons!
 It was a great weekend of hanging out, visiting, playing with the kiddos, and seeing some new things.  Thanks for hosting us cuz!

3 comments:

The Paine Family said...

Aww so great! Wish I could have been there. I hope you are going to post next about your time in WI!!! Love you!!

k said...

omg nicole.... i used to live a block away from that park where you saw the bikes (Minnehaha falls, no?)--they are hilarious to ride-did you try? - kate

k said...

wait i think i just realized i already told you that. STILL excited! hahaha