Tuesday, August 09, 2011

The CRAZY Month of July :)

July was crazy.  And we loved it.  But it was seriously crazy.  Here's what went down...

July 4th Weekend - Chris' 10-year Reunion, friend party, fun spontaneous trip to Iowa City for some Farley brother time.

July 5th - 13th - pack house

July 12th - Big Moving Night!  We had lots of help, and ended up getting everything moved from our old place into our new place in 3 1/2 hours!  Seriously stellar...

July 14th - Chris took a vacation day, got unpacked, played volleyball game that night, picked up Matthew from airport at 1 AM.

July 15th - Chris took a vacation day, got unpacked, wedding in Cedar Falls that night.

July 16th - Whole family was home, family time and big birthday party for mom.

July 17th - Family time and 30th anniversary celebration for mom and dad, Matthew left.

July 18th - 22nd - I took a Kodaly class (4 grad. credits, two weeks, 8-4:30) at Drake in Des Moines.  Stayed in Indianola most nights, back for Thursday volleyball.

July 23rd - Boating with Tom, Rach, Brian

July 25th - 29th - Second week of Kodaly class, done at 4:30 on Friday.

July 28th - Win volleyball championship, yeah!

July 29th - 31st - Up to Minneapolis to visit Hupton cousins.  SO FUN!

Aug. 1st - 4th - Recover from the month, start working at school to get ready for the school year.

Aug. 5th - 7th - To Wisconsin to visit Ouimette cousins.  Again, SO FUN!

In the midst of these events we've also been attending our 3-hour Monday night Foster class, and I've been teaching 8 piano lessons a week, going to a morning boot camp, and training for the Des Moines marathon.  Needless to say it's been busy!

On a side note, I've been very introspective lately as I've been processing some upcoming life changes.  For some reason I loathe being "available" all the time.   If it wouldn't put me so far outside today's culture, I would totally go without cell phones/facebook/e-mail.  Anyway, this last month I basically boycotted internet/phones, and just experienced what I was doing at that moment.  Maybe I should continue this in the future..."Just-Be July"?  It's a thought...

And because blog posts are so much more fun with pictures, here's a few pictures of Amy at her new Chick-fil-A job.  Isn't she cute?!



3 comments:

Erika said...

Wow, your July sounded CRAZY but all super great things!!! We are seriously like the same person as I've been not wanting to be available and have been wanting to get rid of all forms of communication lately :) I LOVE your idea of going without for a month....I know my month or so that I did other things was SO good for me and SO refreshing! I really needed it and I have a renewed energy to keep up with friends now.....resting times are good for us! :) I just might join you with "Just-Be July" :)

Rachel Farley said...

Oh my goodness you were busy my dear!! I am happy that we were able to spend lots of time together :)

You continue to amaze me just so you know.

The Paine Family said...

Fun month! I love he picture of Amy (: I've never been to a Chik- Fillet but hear they are awesome. Love you!