Sunday, September 13, 2009

GO CROSS-COUNTRY!!!

This last Friday we had the Inter-House Cross-Country day. Now, only in India could they POSSIBLY think it was a good idea to make Cross-Country a compulsory sport. :) Actually, it ended up being a REALLY fun day, particularly for the elementary kids.

I ended up handing out place cards and helping out where I could all day, and it was a GREAT day! Now, I have to tell you. The school is divided into three different houses: Eagles (blue), Condors (green), and Merlins (red). Guess which one I am!


DURING one of the races, these ladies AND this car blocked the road. Quite funny. :)


Hisaeoo is a dorm parent...can you guess which house she's in?!


Mr. Anderson is the head of high school, and didn't want to show any favoritism,
so he wore this...


This is our friend Nisha, who just adopted this girl from the orphanage we're hoping to partner with eventually. She's BEAUTIFUL!

Hmm...interesting. :)

Whatever staff wanted to run could...this is James, Brady and Aman right before their race!


One of my favorites! All the school guards got flags, and marked the course for the day.
They got really into it!



The junior highers cheering for their team. Get rowdy!


Me and my girls. :)


Little cuties. :)


More little cuties. :)


More little, LITTLE cuties!

Ready, set...(SLAM!) go!


Run run run!


Mr. Mark (head of P.E. department)


GO EAGLES!


Go MORE EAGLES!


Smile pretty!


It was a really fun day, and of the first times that I felt really REALLY happy that I have elementary! I seriously am starting to love these kids...their smiles, hugs, energy. ADORABLE!

AND...I ran with the 11/12th grade girls, and ended up getting 2nd. WAHOO! Now the top 11/12th and 9/10th girls run at Inter-School Cross-Country day on Saturday, so I'm the coach for the next week. I was trying to size up the runners we've got. Should be an interesting day. :)

4 comments:

Rachel Farley said...

How fun!! I can't wait to meet these kids. Ahhh!! Any fun days like this when we will be there? Can't wait to see you.

Unknown said...

This blog was so fun! And you were adorable in all your blue and your pigtailed glory. Funny coincidence . . . I'm a Sparks leader for Awana this year and I'm the helper for the BLUE team. So GO BLUE! I should take pointers from you and dress the part on Wednesday.

Yvonne Farley said...

This looks like so much fun. I am glad you are starting to love these kids. they are lucky to have you. I can't wait to see you!!!! Love, Yvonne

Bill Kinzie said...

I can tell you're metamorphing into a true blue Woodstocker. It's September and the school and weather are into high gear. Enjoyed so much your pictures and text. God bless!