Sunday, May 03, 2009

Starting to feel really sad :(

This weekend we spend all day Saturday getting our house "sell-ready"...not quite there, but we're working. And, I'm starting to feel really sad! It might just be because it's starting to be really nice outside and I LOVE summers at our house, but I will SERIOUSLY miss our house. Some of my favorite things about where we've been these last two years...

These are my favorite place to sit and read/be during the summer months.


And of course, with summer comes the grill!


We love spending the summer months riding our motorcycle. Kind of ancient, but it gets the job done!



And last but not least, I'm going to miss our puppies! They really feel like part of the family (Tom and Yvonne are going to keep them for us...what a gift!)


In all, I'm starting to really mourn the end of this time in our lives. And I guess that's important...let go of the past before we can fully embrace our future!

5 comments:

Brian said...

:( I was just missing my fam. and began to think about how much I will miss you two while you are gone. So - I am sad with you, but happy for you. :) - Brian

Rachel Farley said...

I am also very very sad.

Erika said...

I teared up when I read your post :( It reminded me of the lesson I led my sr. high small group through this week: Counting the Cost of Being a Disciple. We talked about giving up everything to follow Christ and you guys are doing that in a very real, physical way!! I'm sad for you but I'm also so happy for your next adventure in life!!! :)

Kelli B said...

Nicole - can you shoot me an email/facebook message? I saw Chris said you are selling your house and/or your cars. I know of some people looking for a vehicle. Could you tell me more about then/price/etc? Thanks girl!
Thinkin of you guys as you prepare for India.....

STEPHANIE. said...

wow! Your puppies are so big!!!!! Its been a long time since I have seen them . :)