Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Random Thoughts...

Here are my random thoughts for the day. :)

1. I'm all traveled out. Today was a big day, and by the end of it Chris and I both were beat and ready to be in a HOME again, with our own room and lesson than 5 million people around us. :) (it's been REALLY great to stay with both our families and Jason and Christine...5 weeks is just a really long time to be in travel mode!).

2. Second, I bought 6 pairs of knitting needles and 10 balls of yarn yesterday. It is ON! I've watched youtube videos to review the casting-on process and learn the purl stitch, and here's my first "fun" scarf pattern. Yay!

3. I've been meaning to write this shout-out for a long time: these are the two FUNNIEST youtube videos I've ever seen (thanks brother!). If you take the time to watch it, I promise you won't regret it. :)

Original




Auto-Tune Version :)



4. I just finished the book "A Long Way Gone" by Ishmael Beah, about child soldiers in Sierra Leone...WOW.

5. I just started reading "Dream Giver" by Bruce Wilkinson. Again, WOW!

6. Ever been to a Pacific Coffee Company? We're basically on a first-name basis with the Hong Kong branch workers. :)


3 comments:

Rachel Farley said...

My Random Sentences

I like you a lot.
I wish we were there with you.
I can't wait to see what you knit- you're going to do an awesome job.
We saw the Lion King and it was awesome.
It's super icy today and we didn't have school.
Hong Kong looks super neat.
I am proud of Chris for getting over his fears.
I saw a Panda at the Washington D.C. Zoo. I even got a t-shirt with a panda on it.
I wish you were around so we could watch 24.
I miss you.
Jesus is awesome.
Looking for houses is stressful.
I am so excited for my nephews to be born.
You're beautiful and I love seeing you in pictures and I really like your hair and your nose ring and your pretty India earrings.

That is all for now.

Maybe I should e-mail you because it's been a week since I told you I would....

HUGS!

MussoorieSteve said...

Hey I hear there's this really quiet and amazing town called Mussoorie that's calling your guy's name!! Maybe you should stop by and visit sometime soon!!! And REALLY, 6 pairs of needles and 10 balls of yarn!! You are going to have no life when you get back except knitting!!! Forget hiking up a hill, you can just keep on knitting while sitting on top of it and knit yourself a giant hill!!:)

Anonymous said...

I love all these pictures - I feel like I really got a good idea of your experince there. It looks like you guys had a great time. I love you, Yvonne