Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The sun and the rain and the FAMILY!

Lots of times when my family is together we sing our prayer before we eat. One of our favorites...

Oh, the Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need
like the sun and the rain and the appleseed (family)
the Lord is good to me.

Instead of appleseed, we've always just substituted family...and right now I'm thanking God for family!

This has been a WONDERFUL week with Rachel and Yvonne here. It's been really fun (so full I haven't blogged yet...so full I've barely taken any pictures!) So you'll get lots of words, but here are my thankful thoughts of family!

GOA: We had a GREAT time in Goa! Rachel and Yvonne actually got in to Delhi later than expected...AirIndia pilots were on STRIKE, so their flight was cancelled! Luckily, they got another flight. We left Delhi around 12:00 on Thursday, and headed to Goa. Check out Rachel's blog for pictures...she was much more diligent than I was!

We stayed in a bed and breakfast type place for the first night, but once we realized it was going to RAIN our entire stay, we moved to a big resort with a spa. WAHOO! I got as many massages in two days as I have the rest of my life. It was WONDERFUL! We also did get to run on the beach, eat lots of great food, and sit out on a balcony overlook the Arabian Sea! It was fun to add that body of water to our swimming repertoire. :)

And then, we came home. It's been so much fun having them here! Here are some of the highlights...

- We had a breakfast supper with all our closest friends here so they could meet our "India Family". LOTS of great food, and then a couple great games of Catch Phrase. Hmm...

- SWEET shopping trips to the bazaar! After our first trip the three of us came home with 24 stolls and scarves, and I have personally bought 6 pairs of dangle earrings this week. They're rubbing off on me, and I'm embracing my inner tourist!

- GREAT talk time...ah, family!

- Date night with Rach! (and Yvonne and Chris had a date night!) I had some great processing time with Rachel tonight...Chris and I have both changed SO MUCH, but sometimes it's hard to process with each other because we're both changing so much. Rach has known me for a long time, and it's been really fun to process through some of the transitions that I'm experiencing in my life. Thanks darling!

And this weekend we're going to Rishikesh! I'm in the middle of a book about the history of the Ganges, and once I've wrapped my mind around it's significance I'll post the condensed version. I'm committing to take a ton of pictures this weekend...hippieville India, here we come!

Sorry about all the text lately, there'll hopefully be more pictures to come soon. To all the family that can't be here...we love and miss you SO MUCH!

4 comments:

Kelli B said...

Okay that is TOO crazy! That's one of the songs Marcus' family sings when we all get together. Where did you all learn that? :)

I am so glad you are having fun with Rach and Yvonne, and I'm really interested in hearing how you are growing. I am thankful for this experience for you. Last night as I was going to bed (maybe it was the book I was reading) I was thinking of you guys, and how you followed through with your desire to be overseas, and just admire your faithfulness in a lot that you do. From afar :)

Hope you guys have a great last few days together before they leave!

Amy LaVonne said...

I am so excited to hear about all the processing you did and the outcome! :) We'll have to have a long talk someday ok?!? Way to go with planning all of those fun activities! I bet you are making Yvonne and Rachel feel incredibly loved! You are INCREDIBLE at that!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are all having this special time together. I hope you and Chris haven't changed tooooomuch. I loved you just the way you were! Love to all. Muriel

Bill Kinzie said...

Our family nearly always sang at breakfast. My father's way of inculcating western religious hymns into the brains of his boys. Don't stop. Rishikesh should be exhilarating! Never been there, but know about it better than I used to.
Looking forward to your experiences and pics of that legendary city!