Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Break = Relaxing?!

I'm ON SPRING BREAK!!!!

I've been looking forward to this week since the semester started, and it's finally here!  I love my job, so I wasn't looking forward to necessarily being away from my job...but I have been SO looking forward to having a big chunk of uninterrupted time to be able to get things done.  My "Spring Break To-Do" list has gotten progressively larger and more overwhelming over the last 2 months, but now that it's here, we're attacking it whole-heartedly!

Saturday was ridiculous - and by ridiculous I mean AWESOME!  We got so much done - moved furniture, assembled furniture, started hanging trim around doors, organized drawers, did 7 loads of laundry, cleaned the house, worked on some school programs.  I was thoroughly exhausted by the end of the day (I'm definitely feeling the 3rd trimester right now!), but it was so worth it! 

A little thing - but we've got ourselves a shower caddy. :)




I kind of went crazy with a roll of shelf liner.  Example #1...Notice all the baby clothes!!!!!


Example #2...

Example #3...Amy, aren't you proud?!




Moved our old bookshelf into the baby room to make way for some new bookshelves that will be coming this week!  Right now, our library is in the hallway. :)



Chris ROCKED LIFE and started putting trim on doors...6 doors and a window done!  Way to go babe!

The start of a decorating project for the living room...

Another little thing...but our table finally has something on it!
 


Over the last 3 years we've basically tagged every spare penny for paying off our debt.  We're scheduled to be done either in May or early June...so in light of that (and the incoming/upcoming new arrival!), we've backed off a little bit and bought some items for the household.  Those purchases, combined with a family baby shower last week, have led to lots of fun changes in the Farley house! 

Old dresser (found on the side of a road and re-painted when I started college!)

New dresser!

BOB Stroller...somebody pinch me!  Thanks Tom and Yvonne!  Couldn't be more excited!

I've been saving all my piano money for a couple of months to buy a new camera before baby comes!  I'm still using the old one though...I need time to just mess around and figure this one out!  Is it goofy to take a picture of a camera?

And it's only Monday!!!!  While lots of my "to-do's" won't ever be seen (concert programs/prep, thank you notes, shutterfly photo books), it's feeling SO good to slowly check things off.  More to come later, but things are a-changing in the Farley household!

And with that, I'm off to start today's "To-Do's"!

1 comment:

The Paine Family said...

You know you are nesting when you take a picture of a shower caddy (: I love your new dresser- gorgeous! Now, I have asked nicely. .. if you don't take a picture of your belly I will have to go out there and see it myself. xoxo and and extra kiss for baby!!!