Thursday, March 29, 2012

So much...

Sometimes I seriously feel like I have so much to do.  Anyone else out there feel like that?  Like, I could work ALL DAY, EVERY DAY, and use every second to the fullest, and things would still be hanging over my head taunting me!  Today was one of those days - and I have literally been working on school/house things from 4:45 (when I got home from school) until this minute (it's now 9:50), and I still have to finish writing a script for the 2nd grade music concert and write my sub notes for tomorrow.  And those are just the urgent things!  I could also make the meal plans for our big family weekend, pick out pregnancy picture clothes, hang baby room decorations, file taxes, and...and...and...

But here's the best part.  None of it really matters. :) 

I'm working to continually remind myself that the IMPORTANT should always take precedent over the URGENT.  I know that God is teaching me this lesson as we're getting very close to our due date.  I asked my mom if she had any parenting advice for me, and she told me this poem...

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow,
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep."

So, quiet down to-do lists...stress go to sleep...I'm going to hug my husband and meet with my Lord, because they are IMPORTANT.

I think I need to work on my rhyming skills?!

Other Items, in case you're interested:
1) I have my 34 week appt. tomorrow!
2) I think I've had my first braxton-hicks contractions.  Oh boy!
3) I get to have a baby shower on Saturday!!!  So excited!
4) My birthday's on Saturday!!!  And I get to have girlfriend time!!!  So excited!
5) I get to see (almost all...miss you brother!) both sides of my family this weekend!!!  So excited!
6) Chris and I have planned 4 pre-baby dates (one of which is a birthday date tomorrow!) :) It's really fun to have such great times to look forward to!
7) We're entering crazy concert season at school, but I think today was the "turning" day.  At the beginning of the day I didn't think we'd ever put on a good show, and by the end of the day I knew we'd be fine. :)
8) Chris and I are becoming members at Cornerstone!
9) I'm helping to lead worship for a women's retreat coming up, and am pretty pumped about it.
10) We've been asked to mentor a group of college students heading to India for the summer...so exciting!
11) I think MAGIC DAY is coming soon!  For those of you that don't celebrate Magic Day and live in the Midwest, watch for it...it's that day when you suddenly look out your car window and see that LIFE is EVERYWHERE...it's kind of like magic!  Or like Jesus, either one. :)

Off to write my script!

2 comments:

Matt and Amy Farley said...

YIPPITY DO DA, YIPPITY DAY...MY OH MY WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY! Life is good my sister!

Rachel Farley said...

I love what your mama told you! What neat advice.

So many great things to look forward to :) I think you are awesome!!!