Monday, February 28, 2011

6 Down, 18 to Go

Here's one big post about the books I've read so far!

Book 1: Angela's Ashes

 This is such a great book about the issues and poverty in Irish history.  I especially like it because I got my dad to read it - and he SPED through it!  For those of you that know my dad, he spends years on one book, and yet has read this and the two sequels in less than 1 month.  LOVE IT!  

Book 2: Radical


This book is life-changing, challenging, and frustrating all at the same time.  I'd recommend it to ANYONE who loves Jsus and wants to respond to His call in their lives! 

 Book 3: The Eye of the World
Book 4: The Great Hunt
Book 5: The Dragon Reborn
Book 6: The Shadow Rising
  
This is actually a confession: I may be turning into a nerd.  These books are part of "The Eye of the World Series"..Chris started listening to them on audio books on his way to work, and since there are 14 books in the series, he knew he'd be entertained for a while!  Somehow he got me into them, and we are now walking around our house with phone speaker blaring loudly, talking about Isedai and Parryn Abara and the Ayeel.  Seriously, we are nerds.  But we're nerds together!  We've even started using some of the book's phrases...we call each other "Shade of my heart" now...isn't that poetic?!  I know it's not technically reading, but I am consuming books, so I'm going to count it. :)

 Here's my list of next books to tackle...

1. Revolution in World Missions, by J.P. Yohannan (almost done)
2. 'Tis, by Frank McCourt
3. Teacher Man, by Frank McCourt
4. Jesus Among Other Gods, by Ravi Zacharias
5. The Normal Christian Life, by Watchman Nee
6. The World is Flat, by Thomas Friedman
7. Factory Girls, by Leslie Chang
8. Born to Run, by Christopher McDougall

Any other recommendations?!

1 comment:

Kelli B said...

This is a fiction book, not really along the lines of the topics you are reading, but it was SO GOOD! "The Help" by Katherine Socket?? I think? It was SO GOOD.