Thursday, January 13, 2011

10 + 1 = 11 GOALS!

Allrighty - here are my 2011 goals!  

BEGIN IMMEDIATELY
1. Catch up on scrapbooking
      * I have 1100 pictures currently waiting to be printed...this is a SERIOUS goal people!
2. Become active/involved at Cornerstone
     *Really excited about this one, and kind of already started!
3. Get trained in foster care
     *We've gone to the informational meeting - now we just have to get our paperwork in and get fingerprinted, and we start the waiting game!
4. Become conversational in Spanish
5. Save up to buy a nice bike
     * Ragbrai anyone?!

SUMMER
6. Have a garden/do some canning
     * BRING IT ON!
7. Work through my elementary curriculum
8. Level 1 kodaly certification

FALL
9. Finish a marathon
     * I've been contemplating this and going back and forth, and am just going to go for it.  Note: I said "FINISH", not necessarily "RUN".  :)

YEAR-LONG
10. $18,000 of student loans paid off, $4,000 in savings
     *Oh, debt.  How I loathe thee!

AND: the +1....
11. Be more intentional with communication/interaction.
     *This is my big one that's going to be on-going and focused.  My goal is to e-mail quick e-mails more, facebook more, maybe get texting (I know I know, step into the 21st century lady!), call people more, celebrate events more, invite people over more....just focus on people.

______________________________________________

With the encouragement of my dear friend Katie, this year's focus is....

Bearing Fruit 
______________________________________________

P.S. I can't fit this into the 11 goals...but I do want to read one more book this year than I did last year.  Thanks for the inspiration Kelli B!

4 comments:

The Paine Family said...

Whoa!!! Foster care? That's intense. We need to talk. Great goals

Kelli B said...

Great Goals Nicole!

I just sent you an email for more information :) I am curious about some of the things you wrote!

Rachel Farley said...

Fantastic goals my dear! I am so proud of you!


Love them! Can't wait to see you achieve them!!

Love you sister!

Erika said...

You inspire me!! I'm off to write some of my own goals for the year because of this post! Can't wait to hear all about them in the coming year!