Thursday, October 28, 2010

HOUSE FOUND!!

Wahoo!

So - last night we signed a 7 month lease to rent a house in Ames!  It is absolutely perfect for us...perfect location, perfect size, perfect kitchen, perfect with the dogs perfect price, perfect landlord, perfect everything!  God is so very good to provide for us in His own timing.  We have LOVED living with my parents, but are also very excited and ready to have our own space again. 

Things I'm excited about:
1. Unpacking our boxes for 18 months ago!  It's going to be like Christmas. :)
2. De-junking!  With my new-found desire for simplicity, I'm going to be SERIOUSLY purging.
3. Inviting people over.
4. Having our own space.
5. Living with our dogs again.
6. Having a guest room. :)
7. Bible studies/game nights/parties.
8. Scrapbooking our India year.
9. Getting involved with the international scene at Iowa State - inviting international students into an American home!
10. Having a "my" home to go home to.
11. Cooking
12. Cleaning
13. Decorating
14. Making our house smell good.
15. Garage sales

Yippee!

6 comments:

Rachel Farley said...

This is a GREAT post!!

You make me crave it :)

You're such a good wifey homemaker.

Can't wait to come over!!!

LOVE YOU!

The Paine Family said...

Horray! Can't wait to see pictures!

Kelli B said...

I'm so excited for you and Chris!!! Having a place of your own again will be a new-found joy :)

I'm excited to hear more!

Maria Lovin said...

Nicole! I AM SO EXCITED for you guys!!! I want details. I hope you got my facebook message last week...I have lots more to tell you but I can't wait to hear more about your new place!

Erika said...

Yay!!!!! That is SO exciting!!!! I can't wait for more updates when you put away everything and decorate!! :) I'm so excited for you!!

Matthew Stellmaker said...

Yeah, seriously! Send some pictures and some cool stuff so we can see where you're staying!