Saturday, March 28, 2009

10 Goals over the next 10 Years...

So, we went to Europe two summers ago, and on one of our long train rides across Switzerland I spent some time doing my "BIG DREAMING". I came up with 10 goals that I really wanted to do over the next 10 years, and then chewed on them...vamped, chewed, vamped, and decided that these are my main 10 goals I want to accomplish over the next 10 years (now 8 years).

1. Run a 1/2 marathon
2. Live in another country
3. Learn to speak Spanish fluently
4. Get my nose pierced
5. Learn to knit
6. Make a quilt
7. Go sky-diving
8. Teach at a job I love
9. Get a masters degree
10. Adopt a kid

Since then, most of them have been percolating in my brain, waiting and waiting to happen. And suddenly, they're all going to happen!

1. Run a 1/2 marathon - I'm going to run the (half) marathon2marathon on June 13th~
2. Live in another country - wait for a post in the next couple of weeks...it's happening!
3. Learn to speak Spanish fluently - still waiting.
4. Get my nose pierced - related to #2, got money for my birthday and it's happening as soon as school's out this year!
5. Learn to knit - Rachel's going to teach me, but still waiting
6. Make a quilt - in progress...I made an Iowa quilt for Chris for Christmas...just have to finish tying it!
7. Go Sky-Diving - Amy and I are going for our birthdays!
8. Teach a job I love - DONE! I LOVE my job!
9. Get a masters degree - in the plans...probably applying this next year...Iowa?!
10. Adopt a kid - not quite ready yet. :)

Isn't that fun!? There will be many posts coming as these goals happen...it feels like I'm starting to see my dreams come true right before my eyes, and it's exciting. :)

1 comment:

Erika said...

I'm so glad I found your blog too!!! I am SUCH a goal person too! I have to make up new ones pretty soon because I accomplished almost all the ones I had set a few years ago! You're inspiring me! :)